Learning to paint furniture can sound easy peasy … slap on a bit of paint and she’s as good as new, right? Well, if you’ve already given THAT a go, you may or may not have found out the hard way yet, that there could be a few more things to it, to get the job done properly …
My blog is FULL of furniture makeovers and DIY tips that you can learn from, but if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed at all the info and not sure where to start, I’ve laid out some of the basics right here for you.
- Places to Find Furniture
- What to look for when buying Furniture to paint/upcycle
- What’s the Difference Between Chalk Paint, Milk Paint & Mineral Paint?
Before You Paint:
- What type of Sander should I use for this piece of furniture?
- Fusion Mineral Paint handy Prep Chart answers your question: ‘Do I need to Prep this piece of Furniture?’
Basic Painting Tips:
- Using Milk Paint – How to Mix Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint (video)
- Painting tips for beginners (video) – how to avoid drips, ridges & brush strokes.
- The Basics of Painting with Fusion Mineral Paint
Don’t forget to use the search bar at the top of my website near the menu to type in search terms or particular colours that you are looking for.