Often people will ask me what my favourite tools are for different aspects of my work. Both as a business, and as a DIYer I have found several “tools” that work for me – and that I love to use as a part of my day to day biz.
I’ve divided the list into “Business Tools” and “DIY Tools” for your convenience. Some of my favourite tools may lead to affiliate links – this just means I may get a small commission if you choose to purchase via this link, at no additional cost to you. As stated, these are tools that I love to use and that work for me. I won’t post about things that I don’t absolutely LOVE to use.
Note: for North American readers, I have included separate Amazon affiliate links in brackets for your convenience.
My Favourite Business Tools
• WordPress.org – website builder
• Tailwind – helps to schedule Pinterest and Instagram posts automatically!
• Acuity Scheduling – so much more than a scheduler! This tool allows you to embed a schedule to your website, clients can book in to make their own appointment, it can automatically send clients forms to fill out before your scheduled meeting and so much more.
• LED On-camera, Bi-colour Video Light – great for Lives on Facebook or pre-recorded video to add extra lighting to your shot.
• Lavalier Microphone for iPhone/Smartphone – amazing difference it makes for recording Instagram or Facebook video as the audio goes directly into your phone, cutting out all the background noises. (USA link here.)
My Favourite DIY Tools
• Sanding Tools – check this blog post link all about the tools I use for sanding.
• Stencils – Essential Stencil – for Farmhouse signs & furniture stencils