Video Tutorials – Transfer Graphics to Wood or Painted Furniture

One of the questions I get asked frequently is “How do you transfer graphics (images/words) to your furniture?”

I love to use graphics on some of my painted furniture, like this beautiful antique chest. You can read about this makeover HERE.
Transfer graphics

… and one of my favourite places to find antique graphics is The Graphics Fairy. They have literally thousands of free downloadable and printable graphics.

I have a couple of tutorials via blog and Youtube on transferring graphics, but last month, when my husband offered to help me with his awesome video production skills, to make a few tutorials, I knew I had to show some of the ways I use to transfer graphics.
transfer graphics

In this three part video series, I’ll show you three of the methods I use and these are not the only ones I use, or the only ones out there – there are MANY. In these videos you’ll learn how to transfer graphics using:

1. Freezer paperMVI_0046.MOV.Still003

2. Mod PodgeMVI_0046.MOV.Still005

3. Carbon paper (graphite paper)MVI_0046.MOV.Still007

Here are the videos:

1. Transferring Graphics Using Freezer Paper:

2. Transferring Graphics Using Mod Podge or Transfer Gel:

3. Transferring Graphics Using Carbon Paper (Graphite Paper):

Thanks for watching and I hope you learned something from these tutorials.

If you have any questions, please ask below or in the comment section on the youtube video channel site.

You can also subscribe to my youtube channel via the youtube link, to receive notifications via email whenever I upload a new video.


We are authorised retailers for Fusion Mineral Paint and Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Australia. This blog post may contain affiliate links.

You Might Also Like


  • Reply
    July 21, 2014 at 5:16 pm

    Absolutely fantastic video. VERY helpful and a valuable instructional. Thank you!

  • Reply
    July 21, 2014 at 6:46 pm

    Great tutorials thank you!! what type of sharpie pen do you use? is it a paint pen? 🙂

    • Reply
      July 25, 2014 at 1:25 pm

      Thanks Adriana. I use both the paint pen sharpie (for filling in) and a regular Sharpie for the outlining.

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    What's the difference? Chalk Paint

    CLICK to find out more:

    (Includes FREE printable chart to download)


    FREE SHIPPING over $150 (Limited Time) Dismiss