Did you know that wax acts as a resist to paint? Introducing the “Wax Puck”.
Our wax puck can be used to create beautiful layered looks with Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint.
This 100% natural bees wax “puck” easily fits in the palm of your hand and was custom-made for this purpose.
To achieve a layered look using the Wax Puck:
- Apply one coat of milk paint and allow it to dry.
- Rub the Wax Puck over the edges, corners and “high points” of the piece.
- Anywhere the wax is applied will resist the paint, so make sure it is applied randomly and in places where paint would naturally wear over time.
- Apply a second coat of milk paint and allow it to dry completely.
- Distress surface with fine grit sand paper or damp cotton cloth to easily remove the paint where wax was applied. revealing first coat underneath.
- Finish with Furniture Wax, Hemp Oil, White Wax or Antiquing Wax.
Watch this video to see how I have used the Wax Puck as a resist between layers of paint: