Book now for our Furniture Painting Basics Workshop.
*EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $95 (normally $110) if you book before 14th march!
Learn the basics of using specialty furniture paints such as: Milk Paint, Fusion Mineral Paint and Chalk Paint.
It’s easier than you think, with a few handy tips at our furniture painting workshop to guide you on your way!
- Workshops are held in Heritage Park, QLD. About 45 mins south of Brisbane CBD, around the corner from the Logan Recycle Market (great place to stop in after the workshop to pick up some bargain furniture to upcycle).
- Bookings are essential. Spaces are limited.
- Price includes 3 hour hands on workshop, a gift to take home and morning tea.
- 10% off all products on the day (doesn’t include Canning Labels).
After you have booked your place, you will be sent further details including address, etc. closer to the workshop day.
In our 3 hour workshop you will:
- learn the difference between 3 different types of Furniture paint (Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint, Fusion Mineral Paint & Chalk Paint).
- learn how to mix milk paint properly.
- learn about MMSMP’s Bonding Agent and when to use it.
- learn about Fusion’s Ultra Grip and when to use it.
- learn how to use paint as a stain.
- learn about different finishes or top coats for your painted pieces (using hemp oil, furniture waxes, tough coat sealer)
- learn what paints are best for different surfaces that you are likely to come across.
- have any questions answered as best we can about specific situations you may have with regards to painting your own furniture.
What to bring:
- yourself and preferably your “painting” clothes (we do supply aprons, but just in case)
- a small item of furniture that you can start on (you may even finish it depending on coats needed and dry time)
- examples: small side table or lamp stand, a chair (preferably not too many spindles for time sake), a wooden picture frame, wooden serving tray, shelf, an old drawer. Basically anything you can carry under your arm into the class.
- items must be made of wood – not chipboard, MDF or laminate (wood veneer is okay)
Furniture painting is so much fun and you will be surprised at how many different ways you can change the look of a piece of furniture in your home! And this workshop should come with a warning: painting furniture can be ADDICTIVE!