About Miss Mustard Seed’s Hemp Oil:
This solvent-free oil finish provides a protective, water-resistant surface.
Use on new wood that is bare, stained Milk-painted wood, or to revive old wood finishes.
Hemp Oil penetrates the wood grains to protect from the inside out. It does not leave a surface film that will chip or scratch.
This food-safe oil finish is perfect for use in the kitchen on wood or stone.
Used outside, it can restore the lustre of old oil-based paint or revitalise surfaces such as cast iron.
Test on an inconspicuous spot prior to using on an entire piece.
- Apply Hemp Oil to your surface with a paint brush or a lint free cloth.
- Allow to penetrate the surface for a few minutes.
- Wipe away any excess oil with a lint free cloth.
- Allow to dry – this may take several days to fully dry, so be aware of placing any paper or cloth items on top of your piece for at least a week or so, or they will pick up oil from the surface.
You may like to check out the following blog posts where I’ve used Hemp Oil:
- How to Rejuvenate Old Wood Using Hemp Oil
- Using Hemp Oil as a “Resist” between two layers of paint for a chippy or aged effect
- An old Rocking Chair Renewed with Hemp Oil
- A Rustic Farmhouse Table Makeover with Hemp Oil
- Hemp Oil Used on Leather Bound Bible to rejuvenate finish