Quick Prep Primer is VOC free, nearly odourless and easy to apply. Dries to a self levelling matte finish.
Applying Artisan’s Primer under Artisan Mineral Paint gives whites more opacity, and gives the brights and darks more vibrancy, reducing the number of coats required.
In two coats our primer safely deals with tough stains such as permanent parkers, water stains, most tannins and odours.
Available in white and grey in 500ml jars.
How to use Quick Prep Primer & tips:
- After cleaning, apply Quick prep Primer by brush or roller to a clean dry surface. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Apply a second coat and allow to dry for a further hour before painting with Artisan Paint.
- Glossy surfaces should be scuff sanded to remove gloss.
- Primer can be applied with a synthetic brush, short nap microfibre roller or spray.
- Primer evens out the porosity of repairs meaning that they become invisible under the paint.
- Some tannins such as raw antique oak may require a second coat of Quick Prep Primer or a sandwich coat of Flat Matte Sealer to lock in the tannin.
- Drying Times (at 25°C): Touch dry: 40 minutes. Recoat after 4 hours.
- Clean up using water.
Can be used under any water based paints:
Still having stubborn bleed through issues? Zinsser BIN may be a last resort. (I prefer to use non-toxic options)