Artisan Instant Age is a liquid crackle medium, specifically formulated to replicate the aged, cracked and weathered look of antique pieces.
The effect achieved will be dependent on application method- thin slightly diluted layers produce finer cracks and thicker layers produce thicker cracks.
Can be used to great effect on furniture, painted timber, statuary, frames and even on feature walls to replicate aging plaster. Use it wherever you want to add instant rustic charm!
For perfect results, combine with the Artisan range of products- Natural Chalk Finish, Artisan Waxes, Glazes and gilding products.
How to Use this Product (label instructions):
- Apply base coat of Artisan Natural Chalk Finish in colour of choice.
- When touch dry, apply Artisan Instant Age.
- Thin coats will give fine crackling, thicker coats will give heavier cracks.
- Can be applied all over or in areas where age would be expected.
- When touch dry, apply top colour of Artisan Natural Chalk Finish.
- For a really aged appearance after the top layer starts to dry and crackle, lightly run a dry brush across the surface to give an aged, flakey look.
- When dry, seal with either Artisan Wax or Artisan Flat Matte Sealer.
- Crackle effect can be highlighted with the application of coloured glazes or patina waxes.
- Soap and water clean up.
- Zero VOC and eco friendly.
Here’s a replay of a Facebook Live I did on my page, showing how to use the Instant Age: