Artisan Stain&Seal is a one step stain and sealer. It is water-based and water-resistant and can be used to stain and seal raw timber, refresh pre-coated timber or even as a glaze over painted finishes.
VOC free and virtually odourless, Stain&Seal can be applied with a damp sponge, brush or short nap roller.
Depth of colour can be increased with additional layers, and different effects can be achieved by layering different shades of Stain&Seal.
Tips to using Artisan Stain&Seal:
- Sand and clean with Artisan Easy Scrub to ensure that the surface is clean and free from dirt, wax, oil, or flaking paint..
- Stir Stain & Seal well with a flat stirrer before use.
- Apply Stain&Seal with a sponge, lint free cloth, brush or roller, working well into the grain and then finishing in long strokes with the grain.
- Surface may be lightly misted with water during application to ensure smooth coverage.
- Normal drying time is 20-30 minutes, and the surface can be recoated after 2-hours.
- Sand with 400+ grit sandpaper between coats for a silky smooth finish.
- Depth of colour will be increased with additional coats.
- Leave to cure for seven days for best results.
To use Stain&Seal as a glaze:
- apply to carved detail, pushing well into detail.
- wipe away excess using a damp cloth.
Coverage: Approximately 6–10 square metres per litre, depending on application technique and surface roughness.